The 1st SMEThermal in March 2010 exceeded all expectations: As the first of its kind to be dedicated exclusively to materials and equipment used in manufacturing solar thermal tanks and collectors, it attracted 150 key industry players from 20 different countries.
The international solar heating industry applauded the one-day event as an unique opportunity for networking, information exchange and insights into recent developments. Representatives of leading market players, such as Viessmann, Bosch, Baxi, Vaillant, Roth, Schüco and Kingspan, attended the conference, as did decision makers from suppliers and producers based in China, Greece, Italy, Spain, Turkey and other countries.
The 2nd SMEThermal in February 2011 will confirm the conference’s role as the leading international event in this field. It will focus on technology, materials, process optimization and quality issues.
Key topics will be:
- Automating and optimizing processes in component manufacturing (flat plate and vacuum collectors, absorbers, tanks, special glass, etc.)
- Quality and reliability of the supply chain of materials
- Quality improvements in the coating of absorbers and glass covers
- Potential of cost reductions
- New materials in tank and collector production
Bärbel Epp, Managing Director solrico
Raffaele Piria, Senior Consultant, eclareon