1st Solar Industry Summit India 2011
India is endowed with vast solar energy potential. The rapidly rising energy needs, the overdependence on coal as well as on gas and oil imports and the abundant irradiation make PV particularly attractive to the country´s energy strategy. The country is ready to become a global leader in PV production and application. A robust PV industry would create thousands of jobs right across the whole solar value chain, beginning from R & D to manufacturing, installation and maintenance.
Against this background, Solarpraxis AG and Messe Düsseldorf GmbH, as competent partners with long standing experience in organizing high-level industry events, are bundling their extensive know-how with a new conference format for the promising Indian solar market.
At the "1st Solar Industry Summit India" in Mumbai on 13th January 2011, high-profile speakers from politics and trade associations together with the solar industry and its suppliers will give a unique overview of applications and production of photovoltaic systems in India.
To keep the entire value chain within the country, the subject of production technology is of particular importance. From factory design to process optimization the conference will take on on all aspects of the solar production.
Additionally it will give an overview of worldwide market development, the status quo for crystalline and thin-film photovoltaics, project development, quality assurance, finance and bankability.
The “1st Solar Industry Summit India” offers expert know-how as well as the possibility to exchange information, to have discussions and to establish strategic networks – all at a top level.
The trade fair “2nd GLASSPEX INDIA 2011”
The event will take place parallel to “2nd GLASSPEX INDIA 2011”, the leading trade fair for the glass industry in Mumbai. The premiere of GLASSPEX INDIA in December 2009 was a resounding success, with praise for the event coming from both the 139 exhibitors from more than 20 different countries as well as the 3,200 trade visitors. Amongst other things, the special show “Solar energy generation” was a highlight for the sector, particularly in this country that is spoiled with so much sunshine, providing ideal conditions to exploit solar power to the fullest.
- PV market overview
- Technology overview Crystalline and Thin-Film PV
- Production and Application of Crystalline PV: Considering cost and quality aspects
- Production and Application of Thin-Film PV: Considering cost and quality aspects
- Factory planning
- Optimization of production processes
- Investment, project financing, bankability and return of investment
The conference is open to all German and international solar companies, suppliers and investors who are interested in the Indian market and want to establish contacts with Indian companies as well as the entire Indian solar industry.
Target groups are:
- PV planners and project developers
- Contractors, installers, engineering and construction companies
- Financiers, investment banks and investors
- Module and cell manufacturers
- Producers of inverters and power components
- Suppliers of foundations, substructures, cabling and other components
- Journalists addressing economic, technological and energy issues